QuakeFeed - World Earthquakes Displayed on ESRI Maps
QuakeFeed has the most features of any free earthquake app! There are six beautiful base maps provided by Esri, the worldwide leader in GIS. The app displays earthquakes from the past 7 days with a magnitude > 2.5 on a map or in list. A variety of filter and sort options are provided. The app is location aware so you can find quakes that are closest to you. It has a beautiful UI (check out our screenshots) and features Twitter, Facebook, and email integration.
- All world quakes > 2.5 magnitude for past week.
- Quakes displayed in a list or on a map.
- Drill down to quake details view.
- Detail map zooms to quake location
- Display magnitude, time, lat/long, distance, depth
- Link to additional quake details on USGS website
- Social media integration - share via Facebook, Twitter or Email.
Intuitive User Interface
- Map symbols are color-coded and sized by magnitude.
- Quake list is color-coded by magnitude.
- Sort list by date, magnitude, or distance from current location.
- Specify units for distance (km or miles).
- All screens work in portrait or landscape mode.
Base Map Options
- Street Map
- Satellite Imagery
- Shaded Relief Map
- Physical Map
- Terrain Map
- Topographic Map